5 Summer HVAC Maintenance Tips
The hottest days of the summer are just around the corner and you do not want your air conditioner quitting on you now. To ensure things are working properly and stay cool all summer long, try utilizing these 5 easy maintenance tips this week on your HVAC.
- Check your filter for the season – For those with pets and sensitivities to allergens, filters should be changed more frequently. Replacing your filter every 1-3 months is recommended.
- Clean your air ducts and coils – Turn off your unit and take some time to make sure things are clean. Check your air vents for dust, dirt, and debris, and use water and a rag to wipe down condenser coils.
- Refill refrigerant levels – Like many cooling systems, refrigerant is what helps keep the air cool that pumps through your home. As your air conditioner works, the levels get lower so be sure to check and make sure refills aren’t needed.
- Calibrate the thermostat – If your thermostat is broken and unable to read the temperature in your home, it won’t be able to perform properly. If air doesn’t feel cool enough or your unit seems to be working extra hard, you may want to call a professional to check out this issue.
- Ensure nothing is blocking or obstructing vents or airways – Much like the inside of the venting system, you’ll want to check to make sure debris and leaves or other dirt aren’t blocking the exterior vents. Simply walk outside and ensure nothing is sticking to the vent pulling in the air.
Have other questions or need a professional to take a look at your unit? Bear Service serves Lancaster, Delaware, and Chester Counties and is happy to help with your HVAC concerns. Connect with our team today to answer your questions or book your service!